Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Finishing Touches

The nursery is finally done! Pillows are in place, chandelier is hung, and a few family mementos are displayed.



I love the fabric on the glider, it's an Annie Selke design. I blogged about Annie Selke in one of my first blog posts.


The mirror above the twin bed was a steal at $40 from Hobby Lobby. All wall decor was 50% off the day we went.



The photo below is of my maternal great-grandmother, Minnie Lee Laney (Jenkins). The brooch on the book belonged to her mother, Ola Laney. The silver brushes were mine and the diaper pins were Donald's.


My mom and I found the iron hook piece at Hobby Lobby and hung my point shoes (used briefly before I quit ballet at age 13), dried flowers from my family shower, and a sweet little dress that my sister-in-law's mom and sister got us. 


Speaking of dresses, here is the dress that Laney will wear home from the hospital. It's a family tradition to bring babies home in a Feltman (or similar) outfit. 


I have to include this adorable card that my nieces Laura Brittain and Peyton made and is now on the cork board in the nursery. The "I hope she's cute!" part is so funny. Love it. 



1 comment:

  1. The nursery looks so great and I love all the special momentos that are displayed!

    ReplyDelete