On March 20th Laney and I went with Donald on a business trip to Mobile. Let's just say it was a comedy of errors, although at the time it was not very funny. One day we tried to go to the Foley outlets after one of his meetings, but at the first store Donald detected some leakage on Laney's outfit so we headed out to find a bathroom and discovered we were out of wipes. Donald had to drive to CVS to buy some. By the time I got her changed and back in the stroller we were only able to go to a couple more stores before Laney was done. On our way back to the hotel in Mobile (an hour away) I couldn't find a paci. This is a must-have item at all times, especially in the car. I climbed into the backseat of our tiny rental car and sang and distracted her for as long as possible. She cried for half the way back and the car was tense. I realized then that we would not be invited back on a business trip anytime soon. :) Note to other new moms: Pack a big bag with extras of everything and keep it in the car you're in at all times!
The last week in March I went to visit my parents and Laney got sick again! She was really feverish so we took her to a clinic and found out she had an infection. She got more antibiotics and the poor thing threw up a few times that night. She felt better in a couple days but two stressful trips in a row - not fun. I did get a sewing lesson however from my mom and we (much more her than me) made a really cute outfit for Laney.












No comments:
Post a Comment